Between September 29 and October 10 Bainbridge Island will host twelve Ometepe Islanders in celebration of our 30th anniversary. Here are ways you can get involved to make life-long friends from our sister island:
- Host a homestay. We will need two families for each delegate — one from Sept. 29 to Oct. 5 and one from Oct. 5 – 10. Homestay families are responsible for getting their delegate to and from each day’s scheduled activities and providing a warm, welcoming home. For more information and the “application” questions please go to our website at http://bainbridgeometepe.org/archives/3594 or contact Kim Esterberg, 842-8148. We hope to arrange the homestays by mid-August.
- Help with a day’s activities by driving and accompanying the delegates; or host a lunch at your home for a group of delegates. Contact Don Duprey, 780-9029
- Translate during one of the scheduled activities. Contact Emily Mansfield, 842-4137.
- Provide transportation for a delegate if their homestay family can’t. Contact Emily Mansfield,
- Help with the FIESTA on Saturday, October 8th. Contact Libby Anderson, 842-5409.