2011 delegates at the beach
Selection of the 22nd student delegation from Bainbridge to Ometepe is underway. Interviews are being held the week of Nov. 14. Applicants will be informed a week later. Final payment for delegates is due May 2011.
This is the orientation schedule for delegates. All meetings are mandatory.
- Nov. 14-18, 2011 (TBA): Interviews. Notification by Nov 20.
- Nov. 21, 3-4 p.m.: Delegates meet for one hour right after school.
- January 2012 (TBA): Overnight retreat with role plays, cultural sensitivity workshop, cooking, games, team building. Town groups decided after overnight.
- February (TBA): Medical orientation with delegates, parents and guardians
- March (TBA): History of Nicoraga and the Sister Islands Association
- April (TBA), Community service project
- April/May (TBA): Community dinner
- May (TBA), Cultural Sensitivity Orientation
- June (TBA): Packing suitcases with material aid and packing demo for personal items.
- June 18: Leave for Ometepe (approx. date subject to airline)
- July 2: Return to Bainbridge (approx. date subject to airline)
- July TBA: Community report